Cracked Crown

11:05 PM

That's what makes lust/sin so frightening . 


Because although God's love is so strong that nothing can tear us away from Him and it's so strong that it has the tightest most beautiful grip on us, ours isnt.
 The moment we step outside of our Father, we're nothing without Him. We become entrapped by sin, fooled into thinking "well, this time it's officially it. It's not even Satan's fault it's mine. I made the choice. Didn't mean to. Didn't want to at first, but I did. I'm stuck, I can't get out. It's too embarrassing to go to God now. I no longer want this, but how do I face Christ now and ask Him to help me? ." 

The old vision I had the morning after that night with M, of my crown being taken away and crushed in the mouth of a lion came to mind again whenever I was with A. The frightening thing, was knowing that the lion was Christ warning me of what I could lose. 

My crown, my Relationship, my lifeline , my reason for living (after countless God-prevented self harm & suicide attempts from thinking I didn't have one.) 
Christ is literally EVERYTHING to me and I was giving that up for a moment of lust? Of nothing comparable to the worth of my crown .

 That love from the One person that's THE most important to me, Christ. 
Attempting to wrap my mind around the thought of Him taking away what signifies that I belonged to Him to broke my heart.
 Even now, but then? Crushed. 
 
Men may shut up their compassion, yet, with God we shall find mercy. 

 Proverbs 28:13 Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.


This is an old post I wrote MONTHS ago. However, because of recent battles and my having to go around this mountain one last time. To make sure I Choose Christ over my flesh. 

When I tell yall sexual lust has been my biggest downfall of my walk in Christ. 
Because of how I defined what sex meant to me in my life and now what it means to be celibate in my walk. 
Thats a different blog though. 

Point? Choose Christ.  EVERY TIME. 
Even His "no" for you is the best for you. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images