Did you ask Me?

9:30 PM

I wrote this in my journal earlier today, because God read my life for the second time on the same matter.

Like, woah wow...ok.

The read was necessary,  because sometimes God has to be like " Marissa, my child, you're all the way in the middle of the sea when I want you on land." Lol

Anyway,  I was frustrated because I really wanted to read my Bible.  I was initially reading Romans because some friends of mine and I are trying to keep up  bible study sessions with our busy work schedules.  I was also in Joshua. Reading 3 other books by other authors that had me bouncing all over the Word.

God was like, "Marissa, ask me. If you just ask me, I'll tell you what I want you to read."
I was like, hmm. Jesus, that's the second time you had to tell me that this week!

I have been frustrated with work for a while now and the other day I received a phone call from a job I turned down in September. (because better pay doesn't mean it's better for me. God is trying to teach me where I am and I didn't have peace about it.  So with His guidance,  I turned it down.)
  With my current frustrations at work and the opportunity presenting itself again, made me reconsider.
I was at work yesterday, like God what do I do? What do I do? Should I leave now since this current place is becoming a headache?
While the Holy Spirit reminded me not to make a decision out of emotions, God said to me "did you even ask?" "How do you know if you haven't spoken with your store manager about it? How do you know she's  not willing to increase your pay, give you more hours or even want to promote you? "

Which brings me back to today, " ask Me"
"Ask Me, which book in my Word I want you to read. What I want you to study. What I want you to wear*. Ask me for the plans I have for you."
Instead of assuming, open your mouth and ask.

"You have not because you ask not" James 4:2
"Ask and it shall be given to you" Matthew 7:7-8

"Ask Me of the things to come " Isaiah 40:10 ( honestly,  this ENTIRE is just AMAZING )

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

* learning to dress modestly has been one of the most frustrating,  fun & eye opening lessons in my life.
I ask the Holy Spirit what He thinks I should wear today.  It's so an interesting & funny. Like last Sunday,  I was going to dress so casual.  Like, I'm not going to impress anyone.  God was like "umm Me."
😂
The Holy Spirit was like " wear that striped shirt,  find that black blazer, yes to those pants, yes you can wear those shoes and wear your hair back."

Just ask...
I read a quote somewhere that said " if you don't ask, the answer is a definite "no".  But if you ask your answer is 50/50 chance of being "yes".

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images