Something new

10:50 AM

I haven't written in a bit.
I've been learning much and honestly, on this particular blog I only want to post what the Lord lays heavy on my heart.

Speaking of, I recently learned something of myself.  Yesterday, while at work my coworkers and I were having an exciting  discussion concerning Christ. Another coworker of ours, Tony*, was asking about Christ. Such questions as "so what do you get out of believing in God?" "so If I say I believed and  asked for a million dollars  will I get it? " "if you say God is every where,  then that proves monogamy isn't real, because while you're in bed God is also in bed with everyone! " "so what do I have to do to....?"

In the midst of his questions Violet* answered him head on, dismissing him being facetious in his questioning.
I, on the other hand, who remained quiet out of irritation to someone joking around about my Father as though He didn't wake him up to see the day and yet this person  could care less about Who woke him  up as long as he was awakened.

Then, in that moment I learned there are different characters in the body of Christ.

For a second, I thought there was something wrong with me. Until I was brought to remembrance by the Holy Spirit when I was thinking of all the places in heaven I went when I was sad.
Instead of turning to drugs I had special places where God allowed me to go. One in particular was a beach and I would either sit in the sand and look on or swim in the water and pray. As I thought back on it and compared the times to when I used to cut myself, I wondered why I never thought to do such a thing there. What was it about that place? At that thought, someone (whom I later learned was an angel) yelled at me  "don't taint this place! " immediately I dismissed such a thought.

Bringing me back to Tony toying in his questioning. I continued to get irritated then understood the angel's emotions (for lack of a better word  )

GOD, who's so majestic and loving and kind and... amazing (which in any meaning of any  language on earth  doesn't even do Him justice ) but He's my heart. And there's this person who's semi sincere yet being facetious about Someone who's literally my entire world... I got angry.

Also, reminded to when I learned God doesn't need me to defend Him.

So, In that anger I kept my mouth shut.
For his benefit and mines, I let Violet answer Tony's questions.

Later, In trying to explain my silence ,Tony apologized.

Nonetheless, thanks to different characters in Christ, like Violet...I pray Tony walked away with an even more heightened interest in Christ.

Maybe it's something I should work on, yet I hear I have a similar character to prophets. Which if true,  makes me happy.  It'll mean I'm not off as a person and that at some point I'm going to be even closer to God.

Still,
Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he that win souls are wise.

*names have been changed

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images